Ads

Friday, July 24, 2009

No Limits to CATIA Experiment




I still have not found an easy way to go from a No Limits track file to CAD file so I began playing around with another idea. I opened the Loch Ness Monster model in NL and got the coordinates of all the nodes from the station to the bottom of the first drop. I placed points in CATIA using those coordinates then splined them all together. Pictures here are of the result. I placed a couple random footers to help with height perspective. From some angles it looks very good but from other views like the top (if you look at the shadow) you can tell that it doesn't look exactly right. There are curved lines in places where the spine should be straight. I guess I just need to add more points. Any other ideas? Is there an easy way to get the exact node points from NL?

No comments: