Ads

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

How to make a slide show for a wedding?

I am currently working on a slide show for my upcoming wedding and I have learned a few tidbits that I would like to pass on to you. Here is my advice to put together the perfect wedding slidehow.

Every picture needs to illicit an emotional response from the audience. A good length is around 8 minutes, or approximately two full length songs. Too much longer and folks begin to get bored. I plan on breaking my slide show down into four distinct sections, separated by a title card with some of my favorite song lyrics.

1. Fun - goofy pictures, road trips, etc.
2. Childhood - from baby to adult picture of bride then groom
3. Friends - try to include picture of guests you know will be in attendance so they will feel involved and keeps them engaged in the slideshow
4. Love - it's your wedding and the focus should be on the lucky couple. smiling, close together, hugging, kissing, cuddling, cutesy, etc.

I'm using Pinnacle Movie Maker which has a Create Smart Movie function. I'll put the pictures in the order that I want then all I have to do is push a button and it will automatically create all the transitions and slow zooms for me. A little cleanup is almost always required for perfection but it really makes the process quite easy. I plan on using the songs "Seasons" by Mae and a piano cover of Depeche Mode's "Somebody".

No comments: