Ads

Sunday, January 31, 2010

NASA Needs My Help

I recently created a CAD Systems Help blog where I post tips and tricks I've learned using different CAD software. The other day, someone found my blog by searching for "changing units in pro engineer wildfire 3." Normally, such a search is exactly the kind of search I would expect someone to use to find my site. That is, until I saw where this person was from and who they worked for: Huntsville, Alabama at the National Aeronautics and Space Association. Yep, NASA! Why do I think this is a big deal? Because it deals with unit conversion. You may remember when a $125 million U.S. space probe, The Mars Explorer, was set to orbit the planet Mars and study the chemical properties of the Martian atmosphere when it flew too close to the planet due to an error in the thrust calculations and burnt up. The calculation was wrong because they didn't convert units from Imperial to Metric. So now, with my help, maybe they won't screw up and successfully convert the units.

2 comments:

Lawrence said...

Hello Sir/Madam,


I recently came across your blog and have been reading along. I was very much impressed with your blog. Great post, I like this post.I found out that this blog is very interesting and informative.

I would be interested in exchanging links with you. If we exchange links you can get healthy traffic from us and our visitors can get relative and useful information form your site.

I have placed your link in my favorite Storm Chasing and Photography Blog athttp://www.cyclonerita.com/cyclone-info.html

I would like to request a link your blog roll at http://ntwproductionsnow.blogspot.com/

Title: Cyclone Rita

URL : http://www.cyclonerita.com/

If I can be of further service, please feel free to contact me cycloneritadirect@gmail.com

Thank you very much for your time and web support. Best of luck to you!


Cheer,
Lawrence Davidson

Nicholas Tucker said...

Sure thing! I will post a link to your blog right away. Thanks!