Ads

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Coasting for Kids a Success!

The Coasting for Kids event at Cedar Point was a huge success, and I have a million things to recount about the day.

I’ve heard that we continue to get donations, and now we're over $8000! Considering the short notice and relatively small number of people (twenty-six on the final run), that's amazing. The guys up on the train led to walk-up donations on the midway, and the hard-working, minimum wage crew passed around the hat and donated as well. I'm really proud to be a part of this community for its ability to step it up, and with so little notice.

I ended up doing 105 laps on “G-money”. The most anyone did was 129. I did 42 consecutive laps in the afternoon without leaving my seat once, over three straight hours of riding!

I'll have a full report posted soon along with some pictures.

No comments: